Thank you for your interest in the Kings County Fiber Festival at the Old Stone House & Washington Park.
In addition to completing the application form, please read and familiarize yourself with the following guidelines for participation in the Kings County Fiber Festival.
We look forward to having you join us for a successful festival.
Maxcine DeGouttes, Stitch Therapy, and Kim Maier, Old Stone House & Washington Park
Booth Fees: A 10′ x 10′ area is $150; 10′ deep x 20′ wide is $250. You must supply your own booth tent and exhibit. Returning vendors receive a 15% discount.
Please Note: There is no electricity available in this area.
GOAL AND OBJECTIVES OF THE KINGS COUNTY FIBER FESTIVAL
The Kings County Fiber Festival serves to encourage the revival of traditional fiber arts. The Festival embraces both fiber artists and the resource providers that make their work possible. Hosted on the grounds of the Old Stone House of Brooklyn – originally built in 1699 as the Vechte family farm – the Kings County Fiber Festival includes crocheters, dyers, felters, knitters, quilters, spinners, and weavers, as well as artists creating design works that incorporate fiber as an integral material. Our goal is to raise awareness of both historic and contemporary approaches to the fiber arts.
The Kings County Fiber Festival’s mission is to emphasize the use of natural and/or organic materials and provide an outlet for businesses that cater to the fiber producers and fiber users to sell their products and equipment. In addition, it is a venue for educational activities related to fiber, including spinning, dyeing, weaving, fiber care, and sheep breeds.
Talk & Demonstration Opportunities: The Kings County Fiber Festival is a venue for education and provides an opportunity for you to discuss your area of interest, providing demonstrations as applicable. There will be a speakers tent set up next to the Old Stone House and we encourage your participation. The speakers’ tent is not a sales area and presentations should be informative and educational, but not specifically about your product. If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please contact Maxcine DeGouttes at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kim Maier at email@example.com or by phone at 718-768-3195.
Kings County Fiber Festival seeks to promote those who:
- knit, spin, weave and/or sew
- use natural dyes from native & cultivated plants
- work with natural fibers
GUIDELINES FOR ALL DEMONSTRATORS, EXHIBITORS AND VENDORS
Henceforth, the words “vendor” and “vendors” refer to “demonstrator(s)” and “exhibitor(s)” as well.
- A $20 non-refundable application fee must accompany each application. The application fee is waived for returning vendors.
- A late fee may be applied to late applications. Failure to meet application and/or contract fee deadlines will result in forfeiture of booth location and/or booth space.
- Applicants must read and abide by these guidelines.
- The Kings County Fiber Festival does not grant vendors exclusive rights to sell any particular item.
- The Kings County Fiber Festival will devote no more than 10% of the total number of vendor booths to any single product.
- Vendors must list on their application all items and services that they wish to sell. Vendors serving or selling any food item must include ingredients in their application. The Kings County Fiber Festival will not permit the sale of items not listed on applications. The Kings County Fiber Festival requires vendors to remove such items from booths immediately. Vendors may not take orders for display items that are not approved for sale.
- To the extent possible, equipment offered for sale in the Kings County Fiber Festival will be manufactured from natural materials.
- All exhibits in the Kings County Fiber Festival should be educational and promote views for a sustainable and responsible use of these products and equipment.
- Vendors may sell their own business T-shirts, but may not sell T-shirts of other businesses or organizations. The Kings County Fiber Festival restricts sales of other promotional products.
- Vendors may not share booth space. Each business or organization must apply for booth space separately.
- Applicants must answer all questions on their application forms. Coordinators may ask applicants for clarification on questions not answered clearly. Coordinators reserve the right to reject applicants who fail to provide requested clarification.
- The Kings County Fiber Festival does not accept applications from network or multi-level marketing businesses.
- Vendors assume all risk for their property. The Kings County Fiber Festival will not be responsible for any loss or damage from any cause.
- The Old Stone House & Washington Park and Stitch Therapy, as coordinators of the Kings County Fiber Festival, disclaim any authority of control over the operation of vendors. Vendors assume all rights and responsibilities for the conduct of their operations including, but not limited to: obtaining liability and general coverage insurance for vendor-related activities; and adhering to all local and state ordinances and regulations. Kings County Fiber Festival does not have separate vendor coverage under any insurance it may maintain.
- Kings County Fiber Festival has the right to close any exhibit or booth, or require the removal of any item from an exhibit or booth, that fails to comply with the guidelines set forth.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Kings County Fiber Festival officials will be accepted as final.
- The Kings County Fiber Festival assumes no liability for damage to or loss of personal property.
- Vendors must set up booths and be ready for business by 10 am on the day of the Festival.
- Vendors must staff their booths for the duration of the Festival—from 10 am to 5 pm.
- The Kings County Fiber Festival assigns booth spaces to vendors. Vendors may not change booth location or designated boundaries of any booth space. Vendors must place all supports within the boundaries of their assigned booth spaces.
- Vendors must confine display and sales of their merchandise to the 10ʼ x 10ʼ or 10ʼ x 20ʼ space allotted. No sales or display units will be permitted outside these dimensions. The Kings County Fiber Festival prohibits hawking of wares.
- Vendors should make their booths as attractive as possible. Vendors may not use plastics (clear, colored and poly-tarps) in the construction of booths. The only exception to this is rip-stop nylon. Preferred materials include canvas, denim, and cotton.
- Vendor contracts are for space only. The Kings County Fiber Festival does not supply tables, chairs, etc. Vendors should prepare for outside vendor locations.
- Be prepared for inclement weather. The Kings County Fiber Festival does not provide shelter.
- Vendors may move-in on Saturday morning, October 7, beginning at 7 am.
- The Kings County Fiber Festival will make arrangements for parking on a first come-first served basis for up to 60 cars.
- Vendors may not drill or dig holes, or make any kind of permanent alterations to the site.
- Vendors shall break down and clean cardboard boxes of tape, staples, etc., tie them in bundles, and take them to the Kings County recycling area, or take them home.
- Vendors must take their entire booths — including carpets, display racks, storage containers, and decorations — home with them. All booths must be taken down by 7 pm.
- There is no electricity in any area or booth location at the Festival.
- Vendors needing water must contact the coordinators to determine whether the Kings County Fiber Festival can meet their needs.
- The Kings County Fiber Festival makes no refunds for cancellations made after September 15, 2017.
- The Kings County Fiber Festival makes no refunds in the event of inclement weather.
Washington Park is a New York City public park. NYC regulations are in effect: no smoking, pets, barbecuing/grilling, or use of alcohol or illegal drugs.